Please note that your consent is voluntary and may be withdrawn, with notice to us, at any time.
Argent Industrial limited is committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
Argent Industrial limited, for purposes of this notice includes any member firm and/or affiliated entity within the Argent Industrial limited Subsidiary Network and is herein after referred to as ‘Argent’, ‘we’, ‘us’.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect your personal information from a variety of sources which includes, but is not limited to, that which we obtain from you directly as well as personal information we collect from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as public databases (where permitted by law). Primarily, we endeavor to collect information directly from you.
We will inform you if the provision of your personal information is mandatory or voluntary. Failure to provide this personal information may, however, prevent or delay services being provided and the fulfilment of our obligations in relation thereto.
Information we collect directly from you
The categories of personal information that we may collect directly from you include the following:
- personal details (e.g. Name, Surname etc);
- contact details (e.g. phone number, email address, etc.);
- The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Send you email(s)
- Find and prevent fraud
- Recruitment. When you submit an application for employment, we use your Personal Information for recruitment purposes only
- Market Research. Your participation in market research activities is optional. Should you choose to participate, we may use information you provide to improve your experience with our products and services. We may engage third parties to assist us with our market research efforts who may retain non-personal aggregated information. However, all Personal Information you provide will only be used for our research purposes.
We are committed to informed and limited collection of essential personal information.
The information we collect about you and how we collect it can vary depending on the products and services that you use and subscribe to, how you have used the products and services, and how you have interacted with Argent.co.za even if you aren’t a customer, or what we have obtained from a third party with permission to share it with us.
In instances, Argentco.za is not capable of being provided with direct consent by consumers or potential client. Such consent is directly provided by consumers to Argent.co.za’s data suppliers. Argent.co.za however takes all reasonable measures to ensure that all data suppliers are contractually bound to ensure that all legally required consents are obtained prior to processing.
Please let us know if any of the personal information that we hold about you changes so that we can correct and update the personal information on our systems.
- Right of access to information- You have the right to request confirmation as to whether we hold personal information related to you. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information or a description of the personal information we hold about you. Submission of access request forms together with the details of the access request procedure can be found in our PAIA Manual.
- Right to request correction or deletion of personal information- You have the right to request, subject to any applicable law and where appropriate, the correction, updating or deletion of your personal information held by us. Submission of a request for correction or deletion forms together with the details of the request for correction and deletion procedure can be found in our PAIA Manual.
- Right to object to the processing of personal information- In certain circumstances, such as when we process your information for our or your legitimate interests, you may object to the processing of your personal information, unless we are required to process the information on another bases, such as a legal basis. Submission of objection forms together with the details of the objection procedure can be found in our PAIA Manual.
- Right to ask us to share your personal information in a usable format with another entity – We are able to provide the personal information in commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to object to automated decision-making and profiling – Where we use automated decision-making or profiling to make decisions, you may object to this profiling. Alternatively, you may ask that a person review a decision made, or that you be provided with the logic around such a decision, so that you can make a representation in respect of the decision.
- Right to unsubscribe from direct marketing – Where you do not wish to receive marketing communication from Argnet, you can unsubscribe from marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each email.
We will still be able to contact you when there is important communication required to be sent.
- Right to withdraw consent – Where you have given your consent to a particular type of processing, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details set out below.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the information regulator – You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, in the prescribed manner and form, if you believe that we are interfering with the protection of your personal information.
Sharing your information
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service or website, to contact you.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share your information with your business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see your name, profile, pictures and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Compliance with laws and regulations: comply with the law or legal process served on us; comply with requests for information from police or government authorities; protect and defend our rights or property (including the enforcement of our agreements); protect the public interest; act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our employees or members of the public; where applicable, with your implied consent ; and to the extent permitted or required in terms of the NCA, PoPIA and other relevant national legislation.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. You may request a copy of our Information Security and Privacy Overview Policy from us using the contact details set out below.
We require all staff, (Partners and/or Directors and employees) to keep personal information confidential and only authorised staff have access to this personal information.
We will retain your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy which sets out data retention periods required or permitted by applicable law.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Argent.co.za/ uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Argent.co.za follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Our Advertising Partners
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that Argent.co.za has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
“Do Not Sell My Personal Information” Notice for California consumers under California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Information Regarding Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another priority of Argent, is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Argent.co.za does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 18. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Argent is a company with a Global footprint, and as such, your data may be transferred across borders to other countries where the level of protection might be different. Data transfers outside of South Africa, may be necessary for the purpose of Administration or Storage. Our database management teams are based at our head office, and in some circumstances we may share your data with subsidiaries of Argent and or Affiliates to process enquiries, payments or other concerns.
We may retain your data as per our data retention policies per type of processing activity, we may be obliged to keep data for longer purposes under applicable South African Legislation.
General Enquiries :
Email : email@example.com